Vision, Value and Ethos
To develop children who can flourish in the world of 21st and 22nd Century
To create flourishing learners through offering a Broad curriculum, Quality Teaching, Purposeful Practice & developing Personal Drive
RIDGE Values underpin our vision
Pupils are taught Respect, Inclusion, Drive, Growth and Empowerment
Pupils will be Respectful, Inclusive, (have) Drive, (are) Growing & Empowered.
Core aims are for each child.
- Understand and appreciate the benefits to themselves and others of order and rules
- Develop self-discipline and understand its importance in being a trusted member of the school and wider community now and in the future
- Understand and respect other points of view
- Their environment and The ‘Environment’
- Know how to care for work with and involve others
- Understand and appreciate the importance of diversity in making the world the best possible place
- Be able to empathise with and understand needs of others
- Be motivated, enthusiastic, confident resilient –aspiring to be their ‘best self’
- Know that, whilst material wellbeing is important, there are other components to human happiness worth striving for and growing towards.
- Succeed academically.
- Learn how to learn
- Be inspired to be lifelong learners
- Know how to assess and manage risk.
- How to be safe, mentally and physically well and so flourish and grow
- Have the skills, knowledge, understanding and cultural capital to pursue own ambitions, passions, goals and make a positive difference to the world.